About Me

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Magic of Three Canvas

Hello!

I'm thrilled and so honored to be a guest over at A Vintage Journey today to share my Magic of Three mixed media canvas.

"Using three of something adds more interest and power whether it is a conversation, art or numbers".  
I have included a variety of elements in three's in my project.


(click to enlarge)



  • I started off by adding Color Bloom spray to my canvas.  I always feel less intimidated when I have some color on a blank canvas
  • Selected 12 x 12 paper for the background and tore pieces as needed 
  • Distressed the edges of the paper and once I had decided on the placement, adhered to my canvas with matte gel
  • Applied dry wall tape and modelling paste with a stencil (in three area's although one is now covered by the doily)
  • Added a small amount of gesso with a dry brush to soften the colors
  • Arranged flowers and embellishments and once happy with the arrangement I removed them to finish off the background (this is after a number of days I might add, as I always change my mind☺)
  • Added more color (with sprays) and splatters (with gesso)
  • Finished off the edges
  • Glued lace to edges and center 
  • Stamped and sprayed doily, primed die cuts (frames, leaves and ladder) with gesso and when dry, colored with sprays and inks
  • Finished off title (distressed and inked edges) and adhered in place
  • Added texture to corrugated board and stitched pp to board
  • Adhered cheesecloth and wire thread behind focal image
  • Glued flowers and embellishments in place
  • Added pearls, lace flowers and snowflake paste

Here are a few close-ups.....




And the edges ......








     


Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!
Zelda 

8 comments:

  1. So gorgeous!!! I love all the details and your pictures are awesome so we can see all those fabulous details! Congrats on your guest design spot - this is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being guest designer, Zelda! Well-deserved! Your work of art is incredible!! The colors are perfect for springtime and the pretty details make my eyeballs very happy!! Happy Easter! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a piece of ART! I hope it's already hanging on a wall! Gorgeous flowers and colors! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GD spot, Zelda!!!! And what a great work of art you created!!!! WOW, it looks amazing and I really like the colours!!! Such a lot of fabulous detail to look at and some wonderful texture!!!! Beautifully done and perfect to hang in a special spot in your house!!!!
    Groete, Petra XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful canvas ..... Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful canvas. Thank you for joining us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project! Thank you for entering this month's Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPLorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas is simply an amazing artwork piece, Zelda. I love your texture, composition and color palette. Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge. Wish you best luck in your entry. Helen, HLSMM DT
    http://stampfairy-helen.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete